We had a terrifying encounter over the weekend. I don't know think I have ever written about our daughters allergy to dairy on this blog . You can read her story here.
In our office we have a box of different chocolate bars which were put there by a charity group. They collect the money once a month and replenish the bars when they start to get low. Well, this morning she decided that she would try one of these delightfully looking confections and ate a few pieces of the milk chocolate. My husband heard her coughing and when he came upstairs her cheeks had broken out in hives and her eyes were beginning to swell. She was all stuffed up as well and her nose was running profusely. I rushed her upstairs and gave her some Benadryl. The coughing subsided and her swelling went down, but she wasn't the same all day. Her cheery attitude was diminished and she was quite sullen.
I don't think we will be selling those bars anymore. The next time the charity comes to refill the box, we are going to ask him to take them away. We can't risk this happening again.
Tomorrow I have to make an appointment with our doctor to discuss an Epipen. I'm too scared not to own one for her sake.
My husband and I are still shaken up over this. I can still feel my heart in my throat.
It is so hard to see your child suffering and in so much pain!