Friday, May 8, 2009

Everything happens for a reason

We had an incident that occured a few weeks ago that was rather disruptive. Of course, as usual I would dwell on all the negative and my husband, (as usual) looked on the bright side of it all. In the end, the incident ended up being a huge blessing in disguise and I learnt a valuable lesson.

Sometimes things happen that you could never anticipate, things that temporarily disrupt your life and turn it upside down. By dwelling in the unhappiness or submerging yourself in self-pity, everything looks grey and bleak. I've noticed that constant focus on the negative can actually cause us to overlook the bits of sunshine that shine through. There is always a flip side to everything, a brighter side and I think if we can focus on the positive instead of the negative, new people and opportunities walk into your life, business or relationships that otherwise wouldn't have. Sometimes you have to go through some negativity or unhappiness to make way for the future joys and opportunities that lie ahead.

2 comments:

Jaden Paige said...

AMEN to that!

emilyclare said...

I have to second Jadan... A few weeks ago something disruptive happened in my life too; and I found myself feeling lost and wounded. But the love our Father has for us is too great - and I always remember the words from Corinthians; "No eye has seen nor ear heard, nor mind imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him" - life is all of mystery, good and bad... and what often seems bad at first can blossom into blessings. Thinking of you x