Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beautiful Christmas


I will have to say this has been the most memorable Christmas in the history of Christmases! We made chocolate chip cookies on Christmas Eve and put them on a plate with some rice milk for Santa Claus. (Daddy informed us that Santa doesn't like Soy milk but he LOVES rice milk). After C's bath which was filled with singing "Jingle bells, Jingle bells" we read Twas the night before Christmas, three times.

I don't think I have ever been more excited. I couldn't wait until the morning came to see her face when she saw the presents. This means so much to me as I never had the Christmas experience growing up. I must say, having my own children and watching them experience the magic of Christmas makes up for it all.

In the morning we had cocoa and buttered toast while opening gifts. Seeing our little girl opening her presents was undescribable. She couldn't understand that all of the packages under the tree were for her to not only OPEN but to keep! She opened the first one which was a little book and looked through the entire thing twice and then talked about it for ages. We had to keep reminding her to open the next gift as she was so enthralled with the one in her hands. It took her 1 1/2 hours to open everything. It was completely magical. I can't even put into words how I felt. Truly, truly magical. The look on her face was priceless!
And next year there will be two. Two little angels opening their gifts on Christmas morning. I want to cry just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Beck said...

It does sound like a totally beautiful Christmas.
And you know what? Each one of mine with kids has been better than the last. Next year's Christmas will be WONDERFUL.