Monday, December 1, 2008


Well I feel much better now; "I can see clearly now the rain has gone". Sheesh I just seem to be breaking into song lately at any given moment ha! Ah well, music is medicine for the soul.

December "the month of Christmas" has officially begun! We were going to put our tree up today but unfortunately there is a file cabinet and hutch that has to be moved into our new room upstairs so I don't have anywhere to put it until Wednesday or Thursday. Lots of other things to do in the meantime.

I bought the two cutest figurines the other day. So many Christmas decorations are tacky or distasteful but I thought these were adorable. I have a real soft spot for the "Victorian Santa Claus". I'm not a big fan of the new florescent red and brightly bleached white one of the current day. The charm and innocence just isn't there like it is with the original. I am biased though as I'm a real sucker for anything Victorian, vintage or otherwise.
C's jumper is finished! It was so easy to make and took me 2 days to finish. If I had really sat down and finished it from beginning to end it would have probably taken me 2-3 hours so it was a quickie/ I was debating on making a size 2 or 3 and then settled on the 3. Its a little large but she'll grow into it within the next couple of months.

2 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Hey, I saw these and immediately thought, hey, we sell these. Did you get them at our store? Maybe the mall location. Woah, weird. I wasn't sure who I was coming to see. Could have been any Nadia in the world and here it is someone from my own community. Glad to be reminded you're here!

That romper is beautiful. Wish I had your skills (or patience.)

Nadia said...

Thanks Erin! I just started sewing this year (just little things for my daughter). Its quite soothing actually.

Yes I bought them at the mall (I didn't realize it was owned by the same place). Its a cute store by the way. I asked the girl there when they opened as I don't remember seeing them before and she said a couple of months ago. Where have I been the last couple of months?