Friday, December 19, 2008

We spent a lovely morning at a friend's house today. C is still talking about it. She wanted to take her little friend home with her. So sweet! I love seeing this side of her. The side that enjoys another child's company, the side that I will get to see soon with this new being inside me. My baby is going to be the eldest, the big sister. Wow, still so hard to imagine...

I feel pretty sluggish lately. Don't feel like exercising very much or going for walks. Also a heavy blanket of exhaustion hits me every day without warning in the afternoon. Something which I have no control over. My body is tired and stretching to its maximum.

Lunch consisted of tomato sandwiches as there isn't much to eat in this house of mine. Tonight's menu consists of Ratatouille and green onion flatbread. Yum!

It is so flipping cold out today! Supposed to be even worse tomorrow. This morning the wind was so strong you could hear it howling outside. Makes you feel safe, warm and cozy in your bed though.

Made the cutest booties for the babe yesterday out of fleece. I bought the pattern on Etsy and it turned out beautifully! The pattern sizing only went up to 18 months but my husband bought some graph paper so I can try to enlarge them as I really want to make a matching pair for C. I'll work on that a little later.

Made all my baby wipes yesterday out of old flannel sheets! Doubled them up and used a zig zag stitch around the edges. Now just waiting for the diapers to arrive and I will be a cloth diapering mama!

2 comments:

Beck said...

If you ever need a LOT of graph paper, let me know! We're well stocked.

I'm so glad to hear that you got home safely - it was HORRIBLE out. And it was LOVELY having you over!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I hope you are enjoying the cloth diapering! I'm interested in how you made your wipes! It's all new for me but I LOVE IT!

Steph