Thursday, November 6, 2008

Romance

Woke up late and fumbled downstairs to make breakfast. It was one of those mornings when your mind feels like a whirlwind of thoughts, worries and plans. The to do list from today and yesterday that hadn't been completed; among other things. I begin to fill the sink with hot soapy water when I feel his arms wrap around my waist. My body melts into his. Time stops in that moment as my mind clears. He crouches down to kiss me and whispers, "I love you. I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for you. Thank you for being my wife." I turn around and take his sweet face in my hands. His soul shines through his eyes. I see the man I fell head over heels in love with, the father of my children and my best friend. Oh how I adore him, that beautiful husband of mine!

No comments: