Friday, November 14, 2008

My daughter has been fighting a cold this past week and I haven't been able to get much done because of it. She was up most of the night because her "Nose is runnin" and yet she still looks at me with those watery eyes and runny nose and says, "Love you mama." The adoration in her eyes and that sweet innocence... I wish I could freeze these moments. 

I've been pumping her with lots of liquids and just bought some homeopathic medicine. Hopefully that kicks it out of her. 

I made scalloped potatoes last night from Dreena Burton's Vive Le Vegan cookbook. They were full of flavour and oh so creamy. Tonight is fresh bread and split pea soup or pot pie. 

I have to start "feeding the freezer" soon in preparation for the new baby. When pregnant with my first I froze a few meals and came to really appreciate the ease of defrosting and reheating when she was born. 




1 comment:

Beck said...

Yum! I love scalloped potatoes and pea soup!
Your munchkin is really sweet. I hope she's feeling better.
We've had THE FLU here. It's been a lovely day....