Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trip

The heat has been stifling over the last couple of days! "A" has been sleeping "Au Natural" besides her diaper. Whew! We've been drinking lots of these and that has helped but I think what we need most is a really good down pour.

Our trip was lovely! We left Sunday morning and met one of my childhood friends in Barrie for lunch. It was so nice to see her and her new baby girl. Here we were eating lunch together with children of our own. It's odd how time flies by so quickly leaving so many memories behind. Memories that get swept to the surface by seeing an old friend or even by visiting a certain spot, town or home. And now I regress.

After leaving Barrie we drove to Brampton and went shopping for C. Besides the couple of dresses I made the poor girl had no summer clothes. I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few beautiful outfits that just happened to be on sale! C was thrilled and insisted upon carrying her bags to the truck.

We stayed at a lovely place which had a walk out. Next time I'll be sure to bring lawn chairs as the area was so peaceful.

Monday morning we went to the Lion Safari which was incredible. We all had a marvelous time and the weather was sunny and warm. We took the tour bus through as my husband didn't want to risk our truck getting scratched up by the monkeys.

In the evening we went out to a quaint little Chinese restaurant with another friend of mine who I hadn't seen in years.

Tuesday morning after checking out of the hotel, we went to Erin, Ontario which is now the single most perfect little town I have ever laid eyes on. If its possible to have a town which you belong to, which your soul belongs to this is the one for us. My husband used to live in the Caledon/Erin area and my goodness if it isn't the most gorgeous area! Too bad housing is so expensive there. Also I wouldn't want to change our lifestyle as its quite ideal at the moment with our home business. But you never know what the future may hold.



After leaving Erin we visited Caledon and saw the house my husband built and were disappointed to see the lack of upkeep. The owners had just let the property and home go. It was sad to see. Although I had never lived in that home or been there when he built it, I felt sad in a way. The history behind the house, my husband's past, the pain he went through... again, memories.



We drove through a bunch of little towns after wards. In two days we managed to visit, Barrie, Brampton, Kitchener, Cambridge, Erin, Caledon, Orangeville, Alliston and Cookstown.

The entire trip was just perfect :).

1 comment:

Beck said...

Lovely! And I'm glad you're home.