Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Milestone


She started crawling today. It wasn't a bunny hop or a tip toe shuffle. No this was the real thing. Our little "almost" 7 month old "A" is now sitting up on her own and crawling! She's been sitting up for quite sometime now but would always end up toppling over. Not anymore.

It feels unfair in some way. I feel as though this time around, things are flying by so fast that I can't seem to stop to catch them. The milestones, the giggles, the new breakthroughs are all happening so quickly. I remember with "C" we were always in utter anticipation, waiting, watching her constantly. Now with our second daughter it seems as though, "Poof" its happened and you have no idea where the time went. I can't write things fast enough in the baby book where as entries into "C"s book were recorded minutes after. "Your child is now 6 months old", and I would rush that very morning to record her new favorite things, sayings etc.

Time. I guess it all boils down to time. There is never enough of it. Or maybe there is and the toils of daily life get the best of us.

And now off I go to record "A"s 6 month milestones. I'm only 3 weeks late!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaawwww your daughter looks gorgeous! I've bookmarked your site and I'll be back to read more. Elizabeth9
(When I was reading Melissa's vegetarian magazine -- lychees -- I found the link to your site here.)