Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summertime and the livin' is easy

Summer is here! Again!

We had an interlude of rainy, coldy and dreary weather last week. I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't October. Luckily things seem to be back to normal now and the warm weather is here yet again.

My legs and feet are full of bites. I don't think I've ever had so many. It is awful.

On the upside, C and I went to the beach today while Daddy watched A. I finally got C to dip her toes in the water! Huge success considering her recent reactions to the beach. I ended up carrying her through the water to the mini island about 60 or so feet from the beach. We had a lovely time! She decorated my legs with piles of sand, danced to the music the sunbathing lady was playing, picked out pink and brown stones for Mama and laughed at a guy throwing his girlfriend into the lake.

We talked about how blue the sky was and how cold the water felt. She explained to me calmly that she really does like the water but she's scared of it too so thats why she doesn't like it. She laughed belly laughs just because and I felt my heart swell over and over again. She closed her eyes, taking in a few breaths before looking at me again with her cheeky little smile. I lay down on my belly in the sand, head on my arm, and watched her every move, smiling the entire time. Its in those moments, that memories and feelings etch themselves into your memory, into your heart.

On the way home we picked buttercups and daisies for our hair, munched on a couple of mini raspberries and she said, "Thank you Mama that was so much fun! What a good day!" And it was.

(I do realize photos would have been the perfect touch considering but sometimes its nice to just take it all in without a camera. )

No comments: