Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The weather has finally turned. Cold and bitter no longer; spring has finally arrived. You can actually smell the freshness of spring in the air and almost taste it. So clean and sweet; I adore spring. Everything coming to life again. It brings joy to my soul.

We went for a walk today, C, A and I. As we walked by some blue recycling bins, I explained to C what they were for, going into detail about recycling, the environment, bottles, cans etc. At the end of my explanation, with a serious look on her face, she says to me, "Wow thats pretty cool mama." It took me everything I had not to burst out laughing!

Shortly after this exchange we passed by a house with three decorative butterflies on the outside, near the front door. After spotting them C said to me, " Oh Mama, look at the butterflies! C loves butterflies, they are beautiful." It was so sweet. This little girl with her curly locks of spun gold blowing in the wind, the big sister, my first born. She takes my breath away all the time.

A has such a quiet personality. It might be too early to tell of course but she seems to be more observant than her sister. She looks at everything in thoughtful silence and loves to watch C, smiling at her silly faces. She just always seems so peaceful, so content. When I'm nursing her and she looks up at me with those big innocent eyes. When she smiles, when she sleeps, every time I look at her I feel my heart growing. Its feels as if it would burst at times.

Motherhood is full of challenges and frustrations but there are so many precious moments. Moments that can only be described as magical bits of heaven. Its easy to miss them if you let the everyday hustle and bustle engulf you. I think its like that with everything really. Hanging on to the past; it makes life unpleasant and you miss so much of the beauty and happiness around you.

5 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful moment with us! I think it is so wonderful that you take the time to talk about recycling with your daughter. What a lucky little girl indeed!

Banteringblonde said...

What a nice experience! Those moments are special ... I am reminded that I must make more opportunity for them to happen. i think sometimes i get so bogged down with stuff that I am missing out.

Beck said...

I think that each of my children were born with their full personalities and so I think that A likely will be a quiet, observant soul. It will be fun to watch and see.
The Baby, for the record, has always been EXACTLY like she is now - wearying and fun and mad and joyous.

Woman in a Window said...

I think you got it right here. Right on the head. Beauty is there for us if we let it be, and such beauty with your two little ones.

emilyclare said...

Hello Nadia, thank you for kind words on my blog. I'm sure you know how nice to feels to hear that someone far away can take something anyway from your life and musings. I am enjoying reading through your posts too; your reflections on seasons and motherhood are beautiful... I like that while I'm in autumn you're excited by the coming of Spring. Bless you - Emily x