Monday, April 27, 2009

My Love


There is a love that is rare and hard to find. The one that doesn't depend on anything to exist. It just is. The love that isn't based on money, occupation, experience, age, color, race or history. The love that fills every pore of your body and every inch of your soul; that only grows stronger as the years go by.

I don't know what I did to deserve this love but I am fortunate to call myself the holder of this precious gift.

He thinks with a calm, clear head. There is no anger, no frustration just pure sense. When you look into his eyes all you see is his soul. He is pure goodness. There are some people who inspire you to do better, fix your faults, become a better human being just by knowing them. He is one of those people. I admire, love and adore him all at the same time.

Nothing comes free in this world. We've been through many hardships over the years and have had to fight for this relationship. There was never a question of giving up or letting go. Can you give up your breath? Your oxygen?

If there are angels in this world or in this universe, I believe one came down from heaven the year he was born.

"True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."
--Honore de Balzac

2 comments:

Jaden Paige said...

This is so sweet... What a wonderful tribute to your man :)

Anonymous said...

What a loving tribute. I feel this way too. I feel this way about my husband. I know we were put on this earth for each other. It isn't always easy, but nothing worth fighting for ever is.

Be good to each other.