Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Still

I'm sitting here with a baby at my chest. Her teeth have cut through and napping is difficult without Mama. As soon as I put her into the sling, she rested her head against my chest and was out in 2 minutes. Her sister is refreshing her mind and body with a nap and my husband is cutting the lawn. The breeze blows sounds crickets, cars and transports throughout the house. There are dishes to be done, toys to pick up and calls to be made but I finally have a moment of silence. A moment to breath and just be.

Summer is almost at its end and I still can't believe it. I feel as though I'm standing still and life is the one dipping and swirling around me. It throws challenges and hurls surprises, good and bad. You never know whats to come. But I no longer resist. I can only pray and hope for the best. Que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be.

No comments: